Saturday 21 June 2014

Product Review: LUSH Lip Scrub


Hi,
I'm back again and very promptly too, it must be something in the air.




I recently purchased one of the LUSH lip scrubs as it was a product that just everyone and their mother was talking about. I honestly have enough lip balms/products to last me and absolute lifetime so I don't know why I was so desperate to get my mitts on the popular LUSH product but alas I bought it out of total curiosity.

I spent a good while in the shop trying to decide between the different flavours, Bubblegum, Popcorn and Mint Julips. I adore anything Mint so Mint Julips was the one for me. I never really understood the use in lip scrubs as they seem slightly harsh for such a sensitive part of the face but I can admit I was a little bit extreme in my expectations and the LUSH products are not rough in the slightest and do leave your lips feeling soft for a little while.



However, as lovely as the scent is and the fun concept of rubbing the scrub onto your lips and licking it off (it's so tasty I almost ate the entire tub), I feel as though my money has been wasted just a bit on a pot of what is essentially mint-flavoured sugar. Of course, if the product is made for lips it has to in some way have natural ingredients but for £5.50 a tub I maybe expect just a little more.

The product does do it's job by removing dead skin cells on the lips and I usually apply it before lipstick so my lips don't go all nasty in the corners (you know what I mean). Although, I do have to admit I don't think I will be purchasing another LUSH lip scrub in the future.

You can view the product here

Do you use LUSH lip scrubs? What do you think of them?

Thanks again m'dears,
Love
Chanel
x

No comments:

Post a Comment