Hi! So I have a number 1 top tip that I use every single day and I highly recommend it to anyone (especially those of you who are a little skin-concious).
When you wash and cleanse your face either at morning or night you want to get rid of all those nasty little toxins that have been developing slowly over time, like bacteria and bits of make-up that are just impossible to take off (mascara, you are our friend not our enemy!) The perfect way to get your face refreshed and clean is by using a regular method.
- First use warm water on your skin, not boiling but just hot enough for you to use on your face without hurting yourself. Warmth allows the pores in your skin to open up and therefore you can clean out all of the oils and dirt.
- Secondly, use a facial wash that is suited to your skin.
- For very dry skin you should opt for a more oil-based wash such as Olay's Essentials Face Wash, which is refreshing and has a gorgeous citrus smell to it that just allows enough moisture without your face feeling over clogged. (This can be bought here for only £2.24!)
- For normal skin, I tend to use Simple's Kind to Skin Refreshing Facial Wash Gel as it gently cleanses your face and is absolutely perfect for those of you who tend to have problems with sensitive skin. It smell gorgeous and is packed with vitamins to help keep your skin looking young and fresh. It's super cheap and can be picked up in most stores for around £1.50 (buy it here)
- For oily skin, you don't want to be adding more moisture to the skin so you want something that will cleanse your skin without drawing out more oil from your pores. Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap is a life-saver for oily skin. It's formula is light on the skin and does a great job as reducing blemishes and also for reducing the size of bigger pores. Although this product is a little more expensive, a small amount goes a long way. This product can be found in most beauty stores and department shops or can be bought here for £15.00.
- After you have cleansed you skin with a facial wash, use cold water to rinse. Just as an opposite to warm water, cold water closes the pours and therefore stops any dirt from entering. This means healthy refreshing skin, yaaaaay!
- If your skin needs a little moisturising afterwards then I find the best thing to use is Johnson's Baby Lotion as it's super delicate of the skin and leaves it silky smooth.