Thursday 8 August 2013

Little Treats: Makeup Addition


Little Treats: Makeup Addition

Is it a bird?
Is it a plane?
Is it the apocalypse?

No! It's me posting two days in a row ( cor, blimey!)

So lately I went out on a little shopping trip with my dad, as we were looking for a jeweller that could craft a broken Mizpah ring into a one that fit my finger as it's a item that runs in the family and I am yet to get my grubby little hands on one as they are so rare to find these days! 

Anyway, I made the mistake of going into a couple of the drugstores on the highstreet, which for me is unfortunately money suicide. I picked up a few new products and I thought it would be nice to share with you which of them I have fallen a little bit (alot) in love with.

Firstly, I have been told on numerous occasions about MUA's eyeshadow palettes and how great they are for their super cheap prices, so I decided to give them a go. When I spotted the 'Heaven and Earth' palette my heart melted a little and my eyes glowed like the light of the sun. The mix of creams, bronzes and browns are absolutely perfect for an all natural look or if you want to show off your sizzling summer tan. As I have red hair and blue eyes, bronze's are the colour I tend to for and this palette was an absolute steal at £4.00 from Superdrug. You can view the product here and other's that are similar.


MakeUp Academy/Heaven and Earth Eyeshadow Palette/ £4.00

-
Next, I picked up the L'Oreal Superliner Perfect Slim, felt-tip liquid eyeliner in Intense Black (phew, that was a mouthful!). I wear eyeliner religiously but I needed something a tad bit subtle for work and sixth form and although I usually use Collection 2000's liquid felt-tip liner, L'Oreal definitely have the edge when it comes to precision. The nib is very fine and allows a closer finish to the lashline, although maybe pretty tricky for those of you who are not familiar with using liquid eyeliner. I absolutely love this product, it's my new little gem and I wear it everyday as the colour stays where I put it (yipppeeee!)
You can find this product in any major drugstore or online here.

L'Oreal Superliner Perfect Slim/ Intense Black/ £6.99

-

My last product I picked up was an inevitable happening as I strolled past the Rimmel London counter and stared at the array of beauty that is the Kate Moss Collection. If you know me at all then you will agree that I have a slight obsession with the Kate Moss lipsticks and I thought it would do no harm to expand my collection. The shade I chose was number 19 which is similar to another one I already have in number 8 but is a little bit darker with red undertones. Again, these lipsticks are amazing and if you haven't tried them what are you waiting for?! They apply very easily and have a lovely creamy texture. The lipstick also smells incredible and stays on for a long period of time, although slightly falters with food/ drink consumption but that's usually normal with lipstick. The only issue I have with these lipsticks are that you have to be super careful incase any get on your clothes as they do tend to stain and are tough to remove, but don't let that put you off.
You can view this product here and buy them at any drugstore.

Kate Moss Lipstick/ Rimmel London/ no.19/ £5.99


That's all for now folks.
What makeup products are you loving at the minute?
Thanks for reading!
Much love,
Chanel
x

No comments:

Post a Comment