Friday 27 June 2014

Music Reviews: New Releases and Upcoming Artists


Hiiii,

Usually my blog consists of everything fashion, beauty and lifestyle but so far I have not posted about my biggest love, music. If you know me personally then you know I will never go a day without listening to at least on song and I tend to play music just to encourage me to do minor tasks such as making a cup of tea or washing the dishes. I thought I would talk about some new music which I adore at the minute:

1. Leah McFall


Leah McFall was a runner-up on The Voice UK in 2013 and I absolutely fell in love with her voice. Her voice is very quirky and strong, if you haven't heard of Leah before please check out her cover of "Loving You" by Minnie Riperton, it's quite incredible. Recently, Leah has released her first official single 'Home' featuring her coach on The Voice, Will.i.am, (you can listen above and there is an official video but Youtube wouldn't let me attach it). The song is really catchy and I am obsessed. I wish Leah the best with the song and I really hope she gets the recognition she deserves. Eagerly waiting for the album.


2. Cheryl Cole


Cheryl's new song 'Crazy Stupid Love' has me up and dancing whenever I hear it. If summer had a theme tune, then this song would definitely be it. The saxophone during the chorus adds to the almost jazz feel to the song and it's easy lyrics make the song fun to sing and dance about to with friends. Check it out.


3. 5 Seconds of Summer


I heard about 5 Seconds of Summer about a year ago when they supported One Direction on the Take Me Home tour and began listening to the songs they had on YouTube like 'Try Hard' and 'Out of My Limit'. Now the boys have became a massive success after "She Looks So Perfect" and I can't get enough of their music. I'm especially loving 'Rejects' off the 'Don't Stop' EP and have linked it above for you all to have a listen. I'm super excited for the album and can see big things heading our way from 5SOS.


So there we have it, just a few little updates on what's currently being overplayed on my Spotify at the moment, I've just began listening to X by Ed Sheeran and I was going to include it in the post but I feel like I haven't listened to it enough to have a set opinion yet.

What music are you listening to at the minute?

Thanks for reading,
For now,
Chanel
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment