Wednesday 24 September 2014

Book Review: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


Hello,

Something a bit different for you today. Aside from my love of fashion and beauty another keen interest of mine is reading. Usually when I find an author I like, I read every book that particular author has written, a major example is John Green, I adore that man. Anyway, I had heard alot about thriller books and really wanted to try reading one as I usually read teen/love novels. The most popular thriller book by far at the moment is Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. 

I downloaded Gone Girl on my Kobo reader and to start with I was not exactly "gripped" by the storyline, infact I was a little confused and unsure if I wanted to read more. However, the beginning of the novel starts in a curious way and after deliberating I decided to read on to find out what happens. 

With spoilers in mind I will give you a quick run over of the plot without spoiling anything. Basically the novel starts from a man called Nick Dunne's POV and his wife Amy has gone missing. The book then follows the tale of Nick and his dealing with the case of a missing person and perhaps a suspected murder. However there is a twist in the plot as we also hear from Amy's POV through a diary written before her disappearance.

Although the book has a slow start I was plunged well into the plot about a quarter of the book through and began to try and solve the mystery in my head. After reading Gone Girl, I highly recommend you give it a read as not only will it have you shocked by the plot twists but also jumping from who's side of the story to believe. But just to warn you, the ending may be a little bit of a disappointment.

Also, another reason to read Gone Girl is because the movie version is due for release in cinemas in October 2014 and stars the very gorgeous Ben Affleck. Here is the trailer, but do NOT watch it if you are trying to avoid spoilers.



Do you have any reading recommendations for me, I'd love to hear them in the comments.

For now,
Chanel
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment